Thursday, September 27, 2012

Quesadilla Party

Today wasn't very exciting. But I'll try to make it sound like it was exciting, for anybody who feels the need to read this.

Lab was pretty awesome today. The lab assignment was basically doing two programming warm ups, and then five exercises from this website she had. While my partner and I did the warm ups together, we decided it would be more efficient to split the exercises, in part because he had a test and because I wanted food. I did somewhere between three and four of those exercises by myself! Which is good, because our new project is based off of the knowledge used in this lab, so maybe I can get through this lab with my grade untouched. Maybe.

At least I got my Einstein's breakfast. And by that, I mostly mean that I got coffee. But it also means I got a bagel, so yeah I guess it was breakfast.

Calculus is the last class of my Thursdays, which is always nice. Fun fact: I worked for eight and a half hours on a calculus project yesterday. It was the most productive I've ever been in my entire life. Ever.

So I was actually kind of excited to go to Calculus, because I had read ahead in the book, and I had five problems to turn in for feedback. There I am, sipping at my coffee, when my professor walks in with an entire pot of coffee. And entire pot of coffee he intends to share with the entire class. It was sort of awesome but also really sad because I already had my own coffee that I had paid for. I spent most of the class trying to decide if I should grab a cup anyways.

Once I got home I tried to focus on studying for my anthropology exam, but somehow I started searching coffee on Google. And then I was googling world's strongest coffee. And then I was ordering Death Wish Coffee. There are skull and crossbones on the website, and basically the promise to never need sleep ever again (sleep is for the weak). My thoughts were basically "This sounds like a good life choice. Let me go get my credit card." So I may die from overdosing on caffeine, because this has 200% more caffeine than normal  coffee and apparently makes Starbucks coffee look like sissy coffee, which already makes me sort of jittery and kind of crazy. This may be the best idea I've ever had.

Practice was two sets of eight 400s, but there were only four of us doing them because most of the other freshmen are injured and all the upperclassmen are travelling to a meet soon, so they're not working out. Our first set was on the turf/grass, which was weird because I've never done 400 repeats on anything other than a track. The pace was sort of all over the place at first (the first was like an 82 and the second around 95... oops) but the rest in that set were right at 90 like our coach wanted, so that was good. After that we moved onto the track, and ran something like 87, 87, 86, 85, 85, 81, 81, 76 or something like that. Overall a great workout!

Basically as soon as I got home my sister Eileen called and took both my roommate and I grocery shopping, which I was in desperate need of since I ran out of food around two days ago and have been scraping the few things I did have into meals. (Anything and everything is better than Fresh, usually.) Grocery shopping sort of escalated quickly, and my roommate and I decided to make quesadillas for dinner!

Usually I have just cheese quesadillas, but I really liked these! They had mexican shredded cheese, chicken, orange pepper, and black beans. There was also mexican rice and tortilla chips with salsa. I helped by cleaning the dishes in the sink to make room and dicing the pepper. I can't be trusted with stoves.

Everything hit me all at once right after this. The workout, the food, lack of sleep. This is about the time I started crawling around the floor and reading my anthropology notes out loud in an obnoxious british accent while highlighting (also done on the floor, but this time sort of laying there, flopped over).

I also somehow texted my best friend's roommate and convinced her to have a taco party with me.

I need sleep. And coffee. Mostly coffee.

SMASHING
This is the new background of my computer. I love the internet. It enables me.

1 comment: