Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm a Hobbit Today

Thursday mornings include morning practice, so guess who got up before 6 this morning? At least I got breakfast in before I had to leave, or I wouldn't have made it through my 8 am computer science lab.

Lab was interesting, in that I had to print off my project before class started and practice seemed like it was going to end late. I swear I had a small heart attack. The printer in the lab was only a black and white printer though, so my picture printed off gray-scale. I really hope it doesn't affect my grade, because I actually tried hard on that, and my grade is switching between and A and an A- right now.

Final design of my business card project

Please excuse the lamest logo ever. I literally just sort of threw that together, because I didn't fully comprehend making graphics on BlueJ (the program I use), and I also suck at designing logos. Otherwise, I think it turned out sort of alright. Adding a picture and changing the font/font size was part of the challenge portion of the project (I can see why, that was annoyingly difficult for me), and it was worth 20 out of 100 points. It took me about 3 to 4 days to get those to work, and I'm still not sure I did all the requirements for the font portion.

Ah, well. It's over now so all I can do is panic wait for my grade.

After being frustrated for about 45 minutes on the first part of the lab, everything went pretty easy and I was starving. And extremely lacking in the coffee department. Good for me, there's an Einstein Bros Bagels right next to my 10 am (calculus) where I got my second breakfast. There's this touch screen thing there where you're supposed to place your order, but the girl in front of me broke it without me knowing. So I stood at this thing, holding up the line, and jabbing the screen with my finger, sort of looking over my shoulder while going "uhhhhhhhhh...." Eventually, somebody felt bad for me and told me just to go up to the counter to order. I mean, I got my bagel and pumpkin latte (which were both delicious, but coffee will always hold a special place in my heart), but it was still really awkward.

Yummy :)

If I lost half my height, I'm pretty sure I could be a hobbit. I'd be actually really happy to be a hobbit, since they get to eat a lot. I wouldn't mind living in holes, or hills. Both are equally okay living places for me, as long as I get to have about twelve meals a day.

Anyways, I took my second breakfast with me to calculus, where I complained with the people around me about how we don't have our portfolios back yet, when we have a test on Monday. Every couple weeks in calculus, we turn in all the work we've been doing, including our notes, and get graded on our participation. It's worth 150 points per entry and is 60% of our grade. I may or may not have been panicking since I turned it in, a week ago. And we still don't have it.  I don't even really care if he gives me my portfolio, I just want my grade back. Because it's going to be my only grade in calculus and I'm freaking out.

I was all prepared to be super annoyed with my professor, but all of a sudden he starts talking about coffee. And about how he was thinking about bringing in a pot of coffee for the class every morning. And was that a good idea? YES IT IS A GOOD IDEA, PROFESSOR. MOST EXCELLENT IDEA.

So now I'm not even really made about not having my portfolio back. I just can't bring myself to be angry. This man is offering me free coffee, Monday through Friday, at 10 am. He could fail me, and I'm pretty sure I still couldn't be mad.

Speaking of coffee, I had about a fifteen minute conversation about coffee with a guy on the team while waiting in line to order a sandwich at the cafeteria. I couldn't really remember his name, but I still was able to be social! See what coffee does? It brings people together.

Later today at practice, one of the freshman boys (one of the ones doing yoga in my house last night) wore this 6XL tshirt to practice, and ran the entire run in it. At one point, he sort of curled up inside of it. That is how big the shirt was. He looked like a little kid who was sleeping in their parents old tshrit.

(Also at practice my roommates and I got to hear about our neighbor's/teammate's date from the day before. The date was perfect, and the guy was perfect, and now I am slightly bitter about my life haha).

Something that was great today was that, while one of my roommates was cooking her dinner, while not wearing pants, and two guys from the team walk in through our back door. I think we handled it pretty well. It was kind of weird when one of the guys admitted he wasn't wearing pants either, though.

Well, I have a ROHO workout tomorrow, and I may or may not die during it, so I'm going to go eat my second dinner and cry myself to sleep now.

PS Also there's a scooter on my roof now, with all the decomposing bananas. Boys need to stop throwing things I can't reach up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment