Sunday, October 21, 2012

What Am I Even Doing

Wow. Wow, its been a while.

Like two weeks.

Wow.

I don't really have the details for the past two week, except for lots of tests, projects, and workouts. A few rage days where I was just angry at everything. (I'm looking at you, lab days.) Basically, really busy. So I'm going to use that as an excuse for not posting for a while.

But yeah, long time no post.

Yesterday was the cross country conference meet and we won! Which is cool, because winning is always cool. (I like winning very much if you can't tell.)

It was a kind of cold, overcast day but the wind died down and the rain stopped so there wasn't really anything to complain about, except for muddy patches on the course. The race began a bit faster than I like to begin, around low 5:40s or high 5:30s for the fist mile, and I got a bit distracted by pacing in the beginning and dropped away from one of my teammates who I had wanted to stay with (she ended up winning the race so I can't really complain about not staying with her, but I could have stayed with her longer than I did) and eventually just sort of blanked out for about 1k. (Oops. My bad.)

By that time the girl was long gone, but there was a different teammate up ahead, so I worked my way up to her, and then passed her. Then yet another teammate was up ahead (this time one of my housemates), so I made my way up to her and then passed her also. I hit the 2 mile around 11:30 or 11:40, and decided to treat the second half of the race as a new race. So I began to pick it and chasing a teammate who was pretty far ahead of me.

Meanwhile, my entire stomach contents are swishing and splashing around. It doesn't hurt, which is really weird but I'm still grateful for, so I just run through that the entire time and try not to listen to it too much.

I don't know my 3 mile time, since there was no clock there, so I can't know for sure if I picked it up or not (which is actually super annoying) but I'm pretty sure I did. So I'm running, and running, while slowly catching up to this girl. I sort of convince myself to give up a couple times, before I remind myself that the faster I run the sooner I'll be done. Right as the course turns into the finish, I catch up to my teammate. And out kick her. I feel a bit like a bitch.

But I was fourth in the open! And had over a minute PR! (I ran 22:10 to those who want to know, and it was a 6k.) And I didn't throw up when I finished from all the stomach sloshing! So all in all a good race day! I'm sort of sad it was my last race of the season, but we have time trails from now on so I guess that's good? (Not really, not at all.)

I'm just going to finish this post off with a picture and promise to attempt to be better with my posting!

My sister and I, post-race.

No comments:

Post a Comment